Monday, May 6, 2013

Blenko Inquiry

Hi students!

I have exciting news! I will be touring Blenko Glass Factory in Milton, WV in June after school is out. I need your help! I will have the opportunity to ask questions, and I WONDER what you are WONDERING about glass and it's history in our area.

Check out the website to the factory I'll be touring. Click on the pages across the top of the webpage to access photos, videos, and more!

Read this blog post from my classmate about the history of the factory.

Post two questions you would ask based on the information you learned in your research of Blenko. Your questions need to be specific and show me that you now have BK (background knowledge) about the topic.


14 comments:

  1. Great job! I like how you are integrating your blog with your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -How do they make the glass colorful?

    -How do they make the glass pretty?

    -How do they put words on them?

    -How long dos it take to make them?

    -Tylor


    -Tylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. -What makes them want to take the job?
    -How long does it take to make the glass?
    -Does it take a different amount of time for each glass?
    -sherah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you people like to make glass and sell it?

    Do you like to have money after selling glass?

    Kabriah Adkins

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you all make glass?

    What do you put in glass to make the glass?

    -Tyler Berry

    ReplyDelete
  6. What was the first glass object? How do they shape glass? -aj

    ReplyDelete
  7. -How long does it take to dry the glass?


    -How much time does it take for each glass piece?

    -Emily Farris

    ReplyDelete
  8. - Do you love making glass?

    - What is the hardest glass you make?



    -erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. How long does it take them to make glass.

    How many glass factory's are there now.


    -Tanner Spurlock

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do they color the glass?

    How what time do they start making glass in the morning or in the afternoon?

    -C.J. McCoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why do you make glass?What would happen if there was no glass?
    -Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you specified the use of background knowledge in their questioning. Helps keep them focused and specific. I'm sure we'll be able to get some great video when we go through to share with them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent posting. I like that you have your students come up with questions.
    Like you, I am looking forward to the visit to Blenko.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mandy, I am looking forward to going to Blenko too! Your students have done an excellent job creating questions. I like how they interact with your blog.

    ReplyDelete